It’s been a really shitty week.
Letdowns. Oral surgery. Roy Oswalt traded to the Phillies.
I need some great songs to break me out of this. I need loud guitars, sing-along choruses, air guitar opportunities. I need to rock my way out of this funk.
So from one of the greatest hits-that-never-was (“Understanding Jane”) to classic guitar wanking (Leslie West) to the Johnny Winter Experience (yes, you read that right), here are Ten Terrific Tracks sure to wipe that glum off your puss…
(01) The Sex Pistols - “Anarchy In The U.K.”
(02) The Icicle Works - “Understanding Jane“
(03) The Kinks – “Rats“
(05) The Johnny Winter Experience - “Bonie Maronie“
(05) Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds - “Train Tracks“
(06) Mountain - “Mississippi Queen“
(07) Archie Powell and the Exports - “Enough About Me“
(08) Iggy and the Stooges - “Raw Power“
(09) The Wildhearts - “Battleship Chains“
(10) The Faces - “Pool Hall Richard“