I just found out that The Chicago Code was cancelled, and I’m pissed. Sure, Jennifer Beals might have floated a bit more cleavage than a Police Superintendent would do in real life, but the cast (led by Jason Clarke) was pretty strong, including the amazing Delroy Lindo as the oily, corrupt Alderman. Pacing was good and stories weaved well, like any Shawn Ryan project. But I guess we needed more space on the network for celebretard reality shows.
What else is new? Seems like when TV takes a chance, the American public is hesitant to accept it. But really, how do they know? And wouldn’t a loyal core audience not be more valuable than a flighty larger one that will only move along to the next carbon copy?
So enjoy your umpteenth Kardashian expose knowing these Ten Tanked TV Shows bit the dust.
(01) – Dark Blue – Sure, s bit sullen and somber, but good action.
(02) – Human Target – A mix of cartoon and drama. Jackie Earle Haley!
(03) – The Event – Sure, not official yet, but they killed the momentum.
(04) – Lights Out – FX was the one with the quick hook here.
(05) – The Cape – Ludicrous, but that was the point.
(06) – Terriers – Like I said, not Shawn Ryan’s year. Brilliant show.
(07) – The Good Guys – Campy, broad comedy in a police setting.
(08) – Rubicon – Sorry for trying to make you think, people.
(09) – The Bridge – Jumped before it had a chance.
(10) – Running Wilde – Thankfully Will Arnett is on three other shows.