I used to call them predictions, but when you’re wrong this often…
Yes, it is geeky, but I do like award shows. They are often an odd combination of ridiculous pandering with the occasional anomaly which generates a well-deserved career boost. But there are always severe omissions, so I caveat my choices below by stating that who I think should win is limited to the nominees.
Sunday night I’ll be bouncing between a thrilling Falcons/Eagles game and the pomp and circumstance of the 2011 Emmy Awards…where the television industry kisses its own ass. You can follow along here.
So here are Ten Emmy Guesses for Sunday’s spectacle…
(01) – Best Actor, Comedy: Steve Carrell will win, Louis CK should win.
(02) – Best Actress, Comedy: Laura Linney will win, Amy Poehler should win
(03) – Best Supporting Actor, Comedy: Chris Colfer will win, Ty Burrell should win.
(04) – Best Supporting Actress, Comedy: Betty White will win, Julie Bowen should win.
(05) – Best Comedy: Modern Family will win, Parks & Recreation should win.
(06) – Best Actor, Drama: Hugh Laurie will win, Timothy Olyphant should win
(07) – Best Actress, Drama: Julianna Margulies will win…and should.
(08) – Best Supporting Actor, Drama: Peter Dinklage will win, Alan Cumming should win.
(09) – Best Supporting Actress, Drama: Archie Panjabi will win, Margo Martindale should win.
(10) – Best Drama: The Good Wife will win…and should.